Help Center – Merchants
What is Perk Hero for Merchants?
Perk Hero is a fast and convenient mobile ordering, payments and rewards platform all in one place.
How do I contact a customer who has made an order?
You can contact your by tapping on the order and then tapping on the three dots in the top right hand corner. You will then see options displayed to communicate with your customer, including contact information to call your customer.
Do merchants receive a transaction report?
Merchants can find Reports in the Merchant profile settings. Just tap the PROFILE tab and tap the Settings icon at the top of your screen. From there you can tap Reports to view your reports data.
What do I do if I have a problem that is not addressed in this Merchant Help Center documentation?
For general inquiries, please user our Contact form located here. We’ll try to respond back as fast as possible. For more urgent help you can contact our Customer Service Centre at 1 (855) 288-6044. Available 7 days a week from 8am to midnight.
How do I become a Perk Hero merchant?
To become a merchant on Perk Hero, first you must download the app and sign up/sign in as a Perk Hero user. Then go to your Settings on your PROFILE screen in the app and look for “Become a Merchant“. Then follow the instructions in the app.
For more detailed instructions you can follow these steps listed below:
- Once you sign into your Perk Hero user account, go to your PROFILE screen in the App.
- Click on the top right corner to go to your Settings screen and choose “Become a Merchant”.
- Verify your user email address if you haven’t done so already, and then Tap next.
- Search for your business by typing your Business Name in the search field. Then select it from the list. If your business was found in our list move on to STEP 5. If your business is not found, choose “Create a Place” and follow the steps below:
Creating a new place
- Enter Business Name, then tap “Set Map location” to set your business marker on the map.
- You will then be prompted to enter your business address & business phone number. Once you add all the fields, tap CREATE on the top right of your screen.
- Select features you wish to add to your business. Currently you can enable Pre-Order or “Pay at Table / Pay In Person” payments. View our pricing page for details on pricing and features.
- Your Perk Hero merchant account is now ready to view & edit! However, before your Merchant profile becomes “LIVE” in app, you must tap “Set up your Deposit account”, and add all necessary information.
- Tap “Go to Merchant” to enter your merchant profile. If you navigate away from this page you can always enter into your merchant profile from your user PROFILE screen. Just look for the Merchant icon on the top of your PROFILE page.
- Before you can go live in Perk Hero, you must set up your Deposit account. This is how you get paid! — Tap the red banner on any screen in your Merchant profile, or go to your merchant settings and look for “Deposits & Payouts”.
Note: Perk Hero uses Stripe for your deposits and payout. Be prepared to have your Business Number / Tax ID and bank account information handy to complete your Stripe account.
- Complete all the required fields for your Stripe Deposit account and you are done!
- Customer Service will have a final review of your application and turn make your account as “Active”. This usually occurs within 24 hours. Perk Hero customer service or Stripe customer service may reach out to you if additional information is required.
While you wait:
While your account is in review, if you desire, you can provide us with or direct us to your menu, so that we can load it for you. When your merchant account is “ACTIVE” you’ll see a green banner on your Merchant Profile notifying you that your are live.
How long does it take to become a merchant on Perk Hero?
Creating your Merchant account is quick and make only take a couple minutes. Once you create your merchant profile you will have to set up your deposit account and verify your identity. Depending on the information required, this can take 5-10 minutes. Once that is complete, our customer service team will review your application. Approval of your application can vary for each merchant but generally we can get you up and running by the following business day.
Where can I download Perk Hero?
Perk Hero is available for iOS and android. Download the app at the App Store for iPhone or Google Play Store for Android.
How do I get paid for orders and payments?
Customers pay Perk Hero directly, and our partners receive regular payout deposits from Perk Hero directly to your bank account.
How does the Rewards Platform work in the Perk Hero App?
Customers earn Perk Hero coins as rewards every time they order or pay at a Perk Hero merchant. The Perk Hero coins are similar to a “cash back” reward. Perk Hero coins can be spent at any Perk Hero merchant.
The number of Perk Hero coins a customer earns depends on the customer’s “Earn power”. A customer’s “Earn power” increases as the customer “levels up”. A customer can level up by gaining “experience points (XP)”. XP are accumulated by the customer as they complete certain activities within the Perk Hero App including making orders and payments.
Please note that the merchant’s cost of participating in the Rewards Platform is included in your pay-as-you-go or monthly package.
Can Perk Hero coins be redeemed at any Perk Hero merchant?
Yes, Perk Hero coins can be redeemed at any Perk Hero merchant.
Do I have to pay for the Perk Hero coins redeemed by a customer at my location?
No, the cost of redeeming Perk Hero Coins is not borne by the merchant. The Perk Hero coins accumulated by a customer are similar to a “cash back” account balance that has been earned by the customer and that the customer can spend at any location. Whenever a customer pays, you will be receiving the full amount of funds from the customer’s purchase (minus applicable ordering, payment processing fees, and the Platform Reward fee, if applicable).
The costs for participating in Perk Hero’s Reward Platform are included in either your pay-as-you-go fees or in your monthly fee. If you choose to offer a Quest, the rewards that are offered as part of the Quest are at your cost.
Can Perk Hero coins be exchanged into cash or converted into any other currency?
No, currently Perk Hero coins cannot be exchanged or converted into any other currency.
Quickly get familiar with how ordering works by watching our video demonstration.
How do customers place orders?
Customers place orders on Perk Hero app available for iOS or Android mobile devices. Once an order is placed, you’ll receive it on your device. Perk Hero supports iOS and Android phones and tablets.
Once your menu is set up and active you can start receiving orders. When an order is made via the PerkHero App a notification will direct you to the orders page. Here you will be able to view the order, edit the time it will take to complete by tapping the time, and accept the order. If you accept the order, please enter it into your POS and choose “PerkHero” as the payment form.
Every time an order is made by a user you will hear a unique Ordering sound and receive a notification under the heading “Order” on the Activity page in the Merchant side of the App. The ordering sound will continue to make a noise until someone has tapped on the applicable order.
The following screenshots show:
(1) an incoming order,
(2) how to accept the order,
(3) provide an estimate of time ready to customer, and (4) accepting the order.
There are two ways to complete orders made through PerkHero.
- When a time is chosen for the completion of an order, a countdown will start. If the order is ready before the chosen time. Simply tap “READY NOW” and the customer will be notified it is ready for pick up.
- Once the time has run out or after you have tapped “READY NOW”, a “CLOSE ORDER” button will appear. Simply tap this to complete the order.
If you need to decline an order, open the order and tap the three dots in the top right hand corner.
From here you can choose to decline the order as well as communicate with the customer by either sending a template or custom message or by calling the customer.
Pause Ordering Temporarily/Deactivate your Menu
In order to manage your business peak times, you can pause the Perk Hero order flow by deactivating your menu. You can do this by tapping on the “PRODUCTS” tab and toggling the “MASTER LIST” off. You will be prompted with a message that says: “Turn off list. Your customers will not see this list and will not be able to order anything from this list.” If you tap “Turn Off” it will deactivate your menu and customers will not be able to order from you through Perk Hero until you reactivate your menu. You can also deactivate specific menu items if you run out of stock. For more information on adjusting your menu, see the Menu section in this Merchant Help Center.
Do customers get a receipt when they order through Perk Hero?
Yes. Customers receive an email with a receipt attached.
What payment methods does Perk Hero accept?
Perk Hero accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Apple Pay, Google Pay and Alipay.
“Pay in Person” via QR Scan
Using QR is a great way to take a quick and easy payment. To do this simply tap the orange Action icon in the merchant app. Tap “NEW PAYMENT“, enter the amount and ask the customer to scan the QR. The following screenshots show the payment flow for “Pay in Person” via QR Scan:
Payment via Bill Scan
Perk Hero also supports payment by bill scanning. To do this simply provide a customer with a paper copy of a bill which the customer can scan and then pay using the Perk Hero App.
How do I know when a payment has been made?
Every time a payment is made by a customer you will hear a sound notfication and receive a notification under the heading “PAYMENTS” on the “Activity” tab in the Merchant App. If you have enabled SMS notification on your device, you will also receive a SMS notification indicating that you have received the payment.
Am I able to refund a payment?
Yes. In order to refund or reverse a transaction, please contact our Customer Service Centre (CS) at: 1-855-288-6044. The CS team will ask you some security questions to verify your identity and in order to locate the transaction and will assist you with the refund/reversal.
Please note that it may take up to 14 days for a reversed transaction to appear on a customer’s credit card.
For AliPay, Merchants can reverse and refund these transactions automatically within the app by following these steps:
(1) tapping on the payment;
(2) tapping on the right hand corner icon;
(3) then selecting and tapping on “Refund Alipay”.
Is there a limit to the amount that I can receive in a single transaction using Perk Hero?
Yes we have placed a maximum limit of $2,000 for a single transaction. We also have a minimum transaction size of $0.50.
What are Quests and how do I create them?
Quests are loyalty campaigns or challenges that you can set for your customers. Quests are great tools that can be used to generate revenue, bring in new business and boost brand awareness. You can create these quests through the “QUEST” tab. The type of challenge, length of time, and reward are customizable. Simply tap the plus icon on an available quest, set up your conditions and activate it.
There are currently two types of Quests that are available in the Perk Hero App:
1. Same Day Bonus Quest – this Quest allows you to reward your customer when they have spent a certain amount in one day. For example: “If my customer spends $100 within 24 hours, I will reward them with $5 (equivalent in Perk Hero Coins)”. You will be prompted to confirm the Quest before it becomes active.
2. “Loyalty Bonus” Quest – this “spend and time-based” Quest allows to reward your customer when the customer achieves a certain spending threshold within a certain amount of time.
For example, “After my customer spends $200 within 7 days, I will reward them with $10 (equivalent in Perk Hero Coins)”.
Can I replace or delete an ongoing Quest?
Yes, you can replace or delete an ongoing Quest. However, any customers that have already started your active Quest will be entitled to complete that Quest until the quest duration time expires. For example, if you chose the “Loyalty Bonus Quest” and set the conditions to be: “After my customer spends $200 within 7 days, I will reward them with $10“, if your customer has made a payment when this quest was active, they will still be eligible for the quest reward for those 7 days starting from their first payment.
To replace an active Quest, tap on that Quest and update it with applicable new details and then tap “Activate & Replace Quest“. You will be prompted to confirm this change before it becomes effective. The screens below explain how to do this.
How do I edit my business profile?
You can edit your business profile by tapping on the “PROFILE” tab, then tapping the settings (gear icon) in the top right hand corner. The screen below will appear and you can then edit your photo, “About Information”, “Business Information”, and “Business Hours”. The screens below show how to edit your business profile.
How do I update my store/business hours?
To update you business hours, tap on “HOURS” on your Business Information. You can then edit your hours by day of the week.
Where is the Merchant App?
Every Merchant is also a Perk Hero user. On your “user” HOME tab. Look for OPEN MERCHANT APP near the top of your screen. It may also say 1 NEW ORDER if you have orders waiting. You can also access your Merchant App by tapping on the merchant icon anywhere visibile in the app.
I am not receiving order notifications
You will get notified when orders are requested by your customer in the Perk Hero app. We will also send you a automated voice call to your Buinsess Profile number, if an order has not been accepted within a certain amount of time.
To ensure you always get notified when orders come through, check to see if the following steps are taken.
- Turn up your volume. Make sure your device volume is turned all the way up. You can do this with your hardware volume buttons, or navigate to your device settings and turn up your volume there. If there is a mute switch, such as the device switch on the side of an iPad, make sure that switch is turned on.
- Enable push notifications if possible. Some WiFi only devices may not receive Push Notifications, in this case its best to leave your device always on and the Perk Hero app running in the foreground.
- Turn off “auto-lock”. If possible, make sure your device “auto-lock” is set to “never”, and your device is always on when you start your business day. You can find these controls in your device “Display” settings.
- Add a business phone number. Make sure you have an active business phone number set on your Public Profile. We will send you automated voice calls notifing you of new orders to that number. You can set this number in your ** Merchant App ** by going to Profile Tab -> Settings -> Edit Business Profile.
- Keep Perk Hero in the foreground. If possible, make sure the Perk Hero app is always open and running in the foreground.
- Contact Us. If you are still having trouble, please contact our customer support team at +1-855-288-6044. We are available to help 7 days a week, from 8am – Midnight.
My app is logged out and I can’t get in.
Contact the business owner or manager who set up Perk Hero and ask for the password. If this is not possible, contact our customer support team at +1-855-288-6044 and we can help you out. As a business owner or manager, you can also give multiple Perk Hero users access to your Merchant App. Just contact our customer support team and let us know which Perk Hero mobile numbers you would like to add.
How do I contact my customer
When viewing an order or payment, you can tap the “…” to bring up the options for the transaction. Tap Customer Phone Number to bring up the phone number.